Friday, July 15, 2011

Wallowing in a pit of excuses

As is apparent, I haven't written a blessed thing on this blog in almost a month. I'm guilty of the very thing I'm trying to help people get out of: making lame excuses for not being creative (in my case, writing about being creative).
I haven't been completely slacking off: I work on my art  almost every day; I was interviewed twice about being an artist this last month (you can read one of the interviews here); and I read voraciously, about art and many other subjects. But when it comes to writing I struggle. I probably use similar excuses that some do for not trying to make art: "I'm not talented at it, there are better writers out there; the same stuff has been done before; I don't have enough time to do something good, I have more important things to do, I'll do it later." And blah, blah, blah.
So I'm taking my own advice (and ripping off Nike): Just do it. Stop making excuses, and just write/make art.

No comments:

Post a Comment