Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

To you, my readers! Thank you for spurring me on to keep being creative!
I made this with a class of kindergartners today. 
What a great way to celebrate Valentine's Day! 


If you're wondering, it's crayons and watercolor paints on cardstock paper. The holes, made with a paper punch, were for threading yarn through (which I didn't have time to do as I was helping smaller hands figure that out). The cool thing about crayons, they're what's known as a "resist." Watercolor paints won't stick to them. So you draw with the crayons first, then paint over the picture and the paint stays off your drawing. You can make some pretty cool effects with that. I was just playing around and showing the kids different things to try.
The drips on the upper left are also fun to create. You glob some very wet paint down and then blow really hard to get it to spread out.
There's nothing better than handmade Valentines.

No comments:

Post a Comment