Monday, October 18, 2010

Resources: Make a Flake

Since the holidays will be on us before we know it (it's mid-October already? When did that happen?), here's a fun site that I've returned to many times over the years. http://snowflakes.barkleyus.com/index.html Make-A-Flake is a site where you can digitally create a paper snowflake. Which is fun for those of us who always manage to cut our paper snowflakes in half. If you like the pattern you create, you can save it for others to see. It's amazing to browse the gallery and see all the awesome patterns people have come up with. You can also download the pattern to create any snowflake you like. I really enjoy this site because I can make as many as I want without actually having to cut up a bunch of paper. I'm horrible at making paper snowflakes in real life, so it's a fun way to play around with it. I actually learned how to fold the paper properly from this site. I've tried my hand at paper snowflakes now and they don't look half bad.