Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Introduction and Purpose

Does the the idea of teaching art make you break out in a cold sweat? Do you feel limited because you don't think you're "creative enough" or "artistic"? When you think of "Art" do images of headless armless statues and flamboyantly framed paintings of somber portraits fill your head? When the subject of art comes up do you find yourself saying something like, "I can't even draw a straight line"?


Welcome to AH! Art Helpline.

My goal is to make teaching art fun for you and your kids. Through projects made with simple materials, some art history, resources available online, and easy field trip ideas, you can confidently round out your child's education. Reading, Writing and Arithmetic are important, but so is Art.


So, who am I and why am I so passionate about art?


My name is Elisabeth Preble, and I've been making messes in the name of art ever since my Mom put a piece of paper and crayons in front of me at age 3. I'm an artist based in Minneapolis MN. I was home schooled along with my four siblings (my Mom, who you will hear from as well, has over 20 years of teaching under her belt). I graduated from Northwestern College in Roseville MN with a Bachelor's Degree in Fine Art. I currently work at Half Price Books to pay the bills and support my art and reading obsessions. I've taught art and realized I really enjoy it. I'm working on making a name for myself in the local art community--I've won a few art contests and have had my work in a variety of shows now. I love sharing my passion and the skills God has given me for art. I want you to see that art doesn't have to be this intimidating thing, but something you can teach easily and confidently with a little help.


If you're interested in finding out more about my work and artistic experience, you can check out my web page at www.mnartists.org/elisabeth_preble. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to e-mail me at elisabeth.preble@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment